Our days in Rome start with breakfast in the main dining hall, a buffet of assorted yumminess. We then jump on a bus with our much loved art history teacher. Danielle was born in the USA, but was raised in Florence. I don't truly believe that she knows everything, but it certainly seems as though she does. Imagine travelling to see works of painting, archetcture, and scultpture and having someone standing next to you telling you what was motivating the artist, what the people thought of the work and delightful stories about all of the history involved. I don't want to drop names, but Bernini, Donatello and I have been getting pretty tight.
Living the next two months in the small town of Cortona, Italy. Studying art, Italian, and the beauty of my every day life with my family and friends. Making an attempt to include those that I am missing.
Friday, September 21, 2012
Roma Continues
Our days in Rome start with breakfast in the main dining hall, a buffet of assorted yumminess. We then jump on a bus with our much loved art history teacher. Danielle was born in the USA, but was raised in Florence. I don't truly believe that she knows everything, but it certainly seems as though she does. Imagine travelling to see works of painting, archetcture, and scultpture and having someone standing next to you telling you what was motivating the artist, what the people thought of the work and delightful stories about all of the history involved. I don't want to drop names, but Bernini, Donatello and I have been getting pretty tight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment