Orvieto, an Etruscan town built on a cave system, a former volcano. During the sack of Rome, this is where the Pope hung out. We got to tour this underground labyrinth. They grew mushrooms down here, and raised pigeons for eating. Awesome Duomo.
Back on the bus for Florence. Our hotel is in the middle of town. We start out each morning for a tour of the Uffizi, the Duomo, etc. I am now smitten with Michelangelo, and Raphael. OK maybe Botticelli.
Got to see the Birth of Venus this time. We hiked up to Piazzelle Michelangelo. Really, really steep. Almost to the top........bee sting. Hmmmm am I allergic? Worried a little since my heart is racing from the walk. No problem, Capucin monks with herbs at the top of the hill.
And now Grappa....with hot peppers.



Hi Vicki,
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you are having so much fun and enjoying life there. Love you, Dad
Miss you Dad! Thinking about Grandpa while I see all these old Italian men out walking in the evening.
ReplyDeleteLove Vicki